California Walks is a statewide organization of affiliated nonprofit and volunteer groups dedicated to creating healthy, safe, and walkable communities. Our mission is to provide a statewide voice for pedestrian safety and walkable communities through policy advocacy, community empowerment, and a growing unified statewide network of local community organizations and affiliates—with particular focus on healthy equity and communities disparately impacted by pedestrian injuries and fatalities.
Cal Walks Twitter Feed
Cal Walks Instagram
- Governor’s Transportation Vision Includes Boosts for Walking, Biking, & Transit
- Walking boldly into a new future: Wendy Alfsen passes the torch to Tony Dang as California Walks’ new Executive Director
- New staff and a well-deserved promotion to ring in 2017
- Kern Region Active Transportation Plan begins to take shape with walk and bike audits
- A $5.6 million walking win for Rexland Acres and Kern County!