While the Active Transportation Program commits $129.5 million for walking, biking, Safe Routes to School, and trail projects in California, the California Transportation Commission (CTC) has been charged with developing guidleines for the program–including project selection criteria and performance measures–before any of the money can go out the door.
That’s where you come in! The CTC will be hosting several meetings in October to inform the development of the program guidelines. While Cal WALKS and our partners will be present and providing input at the meetings, we strongly encourage city or county agency staff as well as community-based organizations to participate in these meetings–either in person or via conference call–to provide your perspective on how the Program will best suit your local needs. Now is your chance to make your community’s voice heard!
- Tuesday, October 8, 2013, 1 PM, Modesto, CA, Stanislaus County Administration Building
- Thursday, October 17, 2013, 10 AM, Sacramento, CA, Caltrans Headquarters
- Thursday, October 24, 2013, 1 PM, Santa Rosa, CA, Sonoma County Transportation Authority
- Monday, October 28, 2013, 1 PM, Caltrans District 7 Office, Conference Room A
- Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 1PM, Oracle 488 Almaden Blvd., Room 8094 San Jose, CA
Call-in number and code for all meetings: (636) 651-3128, Participant code: 254585